Saturday, December 4, 2010

Decisions, decisions

It's been such an odd few weeks for me, and there is so much that I can't post here for you, world. Suffice to say I'm embroiled in something bigger than I can rightly comprehend, some wild thing waking in the forests of my heart. It's all very strange and entirely new. I feel like I'm on the edge of some great discovery about myself, and about the world.

It's all because I'm on the cusp of decision.

I've been thinking about going back to school. I was thinking of becoming an education major, and eventually a teacher. Or I could go back for something else entirely - say, environmental science or marine biology? Something to do with water? Or I could do none of this in the next year; I could join another AmeriCorps program somewhere new, then spend the year after in graduate school.

What do you think?

I had a terrible nightmare last night that I can't bring myself to talk about, but it doesn't help that it's still clinging to me now. I've been dreaming quite vividly lately, about all kinds of things.

The weather here is getting fairly chilly. My roomies and I finally decided it was time to start turning on the heat at night. (When I knocked on my next-door roomie's door to ask him, he was snuggled in his bed under his sleeping bag and blanket, wearing a hoodie.) It's been much nicer sleeping ever since. I'm not sure if being warmer has been adding to my wild dreams or not - perhaps when I'm cold and sleeping, my brain doesn't waste energy on dreaming.

I was excited to learn that my sister Bridget and my Grandpa got together to buy me a ticket home for winter break! I leave on the 16th and arrive at O'Hare. I've got a show in Two Rivers, WI on the 17th - wish me luck! - and I can't wait to see all of my friends and family.

I'll be coming back this way on the 29th, which gives me a good ten days to do whatever I want in the area. I hope to get lots of hiking in. Long walks are always nice, alone or with good company.

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see you play at Stumpjack in a few days! Darla and I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you would be a great teacher Lillie. If you were to teach elementary school. I can imagine you singing songs about opposites or some other topic.

    ReplyDelete